HLTAID004 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
About this course
The HLTAID004 course contains the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults, with special consideration given to asthma and anaphylaxis emergencies and managing children who are involved in and those who are witness to incidents of illness or injury.
This course is approved by Australian Child Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and meets the requirements of First Aid (including CPR), Asthma and Anaphylaxis emergency training for educators and carers working in schools and child care centres.
Our education and childcare first aid course includes the most up-to-date basic life support principles including:
- CPR and defibrillation for adults, children and infants
- Differences between adults and children for first aid
- Breathing emergencies including Asthma and Anaphylaxis or severe allergic reaction and choking
- Bleeding and wound care
- Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Heart attack, Stroke and Diabetes
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Temperature induced illness
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues surrounding first aid in the education and care setting
- Infection control & reporting.
To successfully complete this course, you must be 14 years of age or over and be able to demonstrate adequate practical skills and knowledge, which are assessed by the following methods:
- Online interactive theory assessment (computer assessed)
- Practical face-to-face demonstration* (trainer assessed)
*PLEASE NOTE: The physical requirements of this course include performing a minimum two minutes of CPR on an adult manikin on the floor and rolling a casualty onto their side. If you have any concerns in this regard, please contact us as soon as possible prior to your workshop.
Your Child Care First Aid Certificate
This course is nationally recognised and delivered in partnership with and under the auspices of Inscope Training RTO #40926.
On successful completion of this course, you will be emailed a Statement of Attainment (certificate) in electronic PDF format to your nominated email address within 24 hours, providing all online and practical competencies are met.
Units included on your certificate:
(Click unit for more info at training.gov.au)
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Does my certificate include Asthma and Anaphylaxis?
Yes and no… Your certificate will not have individual asthma and anaphylaxis units listed on it. However, the unit HLTAID004 fully satisfies ACECQA requirements for first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis training, so the individual units are not required. You can personally verify this by searching for the unit in the Qualifications List on the ACECQA website.
When does my certificate expire?
The HLTAID004 certificate should be renewed every 3 years and the Provide CPR unit every 12 months.
As an added service, we will send you email and SMS reminders from 45 days before units are due to be updated.
Why learn child care first aid the fluid way?
Certificates in 24hrs
What our students are saying…
From 400+ Google & Facebook reviews!
(Click badge to read more)