This course is nationally recognised.
Upon successful completion, learners will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment issued by:
Fluid First Aid – RTO Code 45508
ABOUT THIS COURSE
The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course (also known as Apply First Aid and Senior First Aid) is the current standard qualification for first aid providers in the workplace Australia-wide.
On successful completion of this course you will be awarded the following units of competency:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
(Click for more unit info at training.gov.au)
This course is designed to give you confidence to help those who suffer sudden injury or illness in the workplace, home or wherever you are.
The skills and knowledge in this program are relevant for any member of the general public as well as workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Why Learn the Fluid Way?
Our innovative online learning cuts class time in half!
Award-winning videos / Relaxed & waffle-free classes
More equipment / More hands-on / Experienced, but approachable trainers
Emailed PDF certificate within 2 business days of course completion
The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course includes the most up-to-date basic life support principles including:
- CPR and defibrillation for adults and infants
- Breathing emergencies including Asthma and Anaphylaxis or severe allergic reaction and choking
- Bleeding and wound care
- Fractures, Sprains and Strains
- Heart attack, Stroke and Diabetes
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Temperature induced illness
- Bites and stings
- Legal issues surrounding first aid
- Infection control & reporting
- Online learning and assessment (up to 3 hours to complete)
The online video learning component allows you the time and space to learn and complete theory assessment at your own pace, when and wherever you want! Actual duration of this component will vary depending on your past experience and knowledge.
You will need access to a computer and the internet to complete this part of your course. If this is difficult for you we can arrange access for you – just give us a call!
You must have successfully completed the online assessment prior to attending the practical face to face component of the course.
- Face-to-face practical session (5 hours duration)
This face-to-face practical session gives you the opportunity to learn the applied skills, practice them and receive trainer feedback and then complete assessment tasks.
To successfully complete this course, you must:
- Be 14 years of age or over,
- Have Literacy skills to read and interpret statutory signage, warning signs and instructions regarding the use of first aid and CPR materials such as face shields, and Automated External Defibrillators.
- Have the ability to complete a workplace Incident Report.
- Have numeracy skills to perform simple calculations with regard to the rate of chest compressions and rescue breathing.
- Have a level of oral communication that enables them to make accurate verbal reports to emergency response services and workplace supervisors.
- the physical ability to meet the following evidence requirements:
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and breaths) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and breaths) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
You also have to be able to complete the online learning and assessment section of the course. However, if you do not have access to or lack confidence in using a computer and/or the internet you can contact our office and make arrangements for the access and support you require.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to provide a consent form completed by their legal guardian.
If you are concerned about any of the above requirements, please contact us to discuss your concerns and find out what support options are available.
You will be required to complete three types of assessments for this course:
- Online interactive theory assessment
- Online Report
- Demonstration of practical skills (classroom based)
If you are unhappy about any assessment result it is best to first speak to your assessor to arrange a reassessment. If you are still unhappy with the process we have an Appeals Procedure for you to follow, details can be found in our Learner Handbook / Complaints and Appeals.
On successful completion of the training and assessment activities, we will issue a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment (certificate) for the following unit:
This Statement of Attainment will be emailed in electronic PDF format to your nominated email address within two business days of successful completion of all course components, providing all online and practical competencies are met.
If you have any special learning or physical needs please contact us prior to attending your course and we can discuss suitable support options. This includes Language, Literacy or Numeracy (LLN) needs or difficulties accessing a computer and/or the internet to complete the online learning and assessment.
If you are concerned that your language, literacy or numeracy skills will not be sufficient to complete the course, you can complete our online interactive LLN assessment. You will be required to log-in and create an account. We will get back to you with the results and discuss any required support we can provide or refer you to other suitable support agencies.
The LLN tool can be found at: https://learning.fluidfirstaid.com.au/lln
Please note: you must have the physical ability to complete the application of CPR as stated in the Course Requirements.
Training done differently:
have fun, save time & leave confident!